Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Caramel Cutie and Cowgirls

At work we had a Halloween Potluck lunch and dresses up as cowgirls on Friday. It was lots of fun and good food. Buggy decided she wanted to make everyone caramel apples and a pumpkin cake (shaped...not flavored...don't worry there's a post to come). I work with an all female staff so a lifeline of sweets is a necessity...and caffeine depending on who you ask ;)

I had not make caramel apples since I was a kid myself and was excited to make them with my Bugs. She is getting very good at picking things up so she had fun trying to grab all the apples. I just followed the recipe on the back of the caramel squares bag. I wasn't brave enough to try making my own caramel....maybe next year?!
I am not sure what I was thinking though when I bought 3...yes 3... bags of caramel squares. Well, I know for sure what I was NOT thinking.....that I was going to have to unwrap all 3 bags! Next time I will be finding another caramel option that doesn't include hundreds of tiny cellophane wraps. Buggy wasn't so excited about having to unwrap all the caramels either, as you can see from the picture below. I thought her tiny hands would be useful and speedy things up, but nooooo not so much....


She ditched me to go watch Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin Patch....thanks for nothing Bugs!

Don't you know though that she suddenly showed back up to take pictures of all the unwrapped caramels and wanted to take credit for all the hard work ;)



After I dipped the apples I rolled them in Halloween sprinkles in different ways. It was a little tricky to get the sprinkles all over since the caramel on the sides would be slightly set by the time I finished letting the excess dip off. I packaged them in clear bags and tied them with green ribbon. I thought they looked cute and quite Halloween-y.


And just what you were waiting for, a picture of all my favorite cowgirls. Yes that is my boss that is wearing the wacky hat/pigtails thing....gotta love it. Now there are a few of most favorite cowgirls that are missing from this pic and shall remain nameless....but you know who you are ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment